Raising Money For The Brighton Rocking Horse Appeal - Night Fever At Bikram In The Lanes

A couple of weeks ago my friends BA and Simon who run a Hot Yoga studio in Brighton asked me if I wanted to do something slightly different in aid of our local Rocking Horse Appeal

The charity provides children who are in hospital having a bad time of things a little sunshine and something to brighten up their days. A worthy cause and one that has made be re-think what I would like to be giving back after years of enjoying music as a dj and also a keen dancer in my younger days darting around the country
 
So, with eagerness and slight reservation having been briefed that I would be playing 90 minutes of music in 34 degrees of heat I jumped in and gave it a shot last Friday as part of my charity fundraising activities here at Go Bang Brighton

To be completely honest, I absolutely loved the experience and the reasons behind what we all took part in as a collective. In all fairness I felt slightly guilty enjoying myself as much as I did on the decks considering we were ultimately there for the kids

However I will definitely be doing more fundraising for The Rocking Horse Appeal with some corporate dates already in the pipeline and hopefully a return back to Bikram In The Lanes for another sweatathon with the guys in the very near future

A huge well done to BA and Simon who put the event on, all the yogies including my Wife who all took part and to all who donated monies so we could make a contribution and start to help give the kids something to smile about

Musically I got to play some lovely Loft Party Mancuso sounds ending up with Bobby Konders "The Poem"  "Love Is The Message" and finally when it was time for the class to lie back on the floor for the unwind "E2-E4" to say farewell and job well done

Here's some pictures taken from the night of all who took part










No comments:

Post a Comment